The rabbit known as “Micro-Livestock” can be a great source of food production. There is a great opportunity of rabbit farming, and commercial production can be a great source of income and employment.
The following are things most people don't know about rabbits...
1) Rabbits are very fast growing animal
2) Their food converting rate is better than other animals.
3) One female rabbit can give birth about 2 to 8 kids each time.
4) Rabbits can be raised within a short space.
5) Production costs are less, compared to other large sized animals.
6) Rabbit meat is very tasty, nutritious and easily digestible. All aged people can eat without any problem
7) There are no religious taboos consuming rabbit meat.
In case of meat production, rabbits are placed after poultry.
9) Kitchen wastes, grass, plant leaves etc. are favorite foods of rabbit. So you can raise some rabbits for your family needs, using this type of low cost and easily available commodities.
10) Rabbit farming require less labor compared to another animal farming business. You can easily use your family labor for successful commercial rabbit farming business.
11) Commercial rabbit farming business require relatively less capital and you will get back your investment within a very short period.
12) As it is a highly profitable business, so commercial production can be a great source of earning and employment
13) You can meetup your family nutritional demands through raising a few number of rabbits.
People usually raise rabbits as pets. But raising them commercially, can be a great source of income and a smart way of employment.
The annual demand of meat is increasing rapidly throughout the world. Right now poultry, beef and pork meat are controlling this huge demand. Commercial rabbit production can play a very important role to meetup this demand.
So rabbit farming business has a great opportunity...